Saturday, August 30, 2008

Training Log: Entry 610

Squats of 385+chains
5,4,3

Notes: Left my ego at the door and decided to take this slow and steady here on out.  Thinking maybe 5lb increases whenever I complete a weight, and be satisfied with 400+chains when I get there.  Form was beautiful.  Thinking about leaning back when I squat was really benefiting me.  I've lost weight, and could cinch the belt up another notch.  Bad habit I've noticed of looking to the right as I'm coming up from my last rep to make sure I rack the weight.  Stupid amatuer crap, that's gonna cause me to lose a squat.  Must keep looking forward.

Incline BP of 210
5,5,3

Notes: Not enough rest before the last set.  Man this is an awkward movement.

Chins w/25lbs
3x5

Notes: Experimenting with 2 vertical pulls + additional rear delt work.  The horizontal pulls with low weight are killing me, so I'm gonna see where this gets me.  Amazingly, not focusing on recruiting my lats seems to have recruited them quite a bit.  Wu wei.  Less thinking.

 

Circuit of
Neck harness w/45lb plate
13,9
Band ab pull down w/light+2 minis
2x25
Band throat pull w/light
15,12

2 comments:

  1. remember how you recommended me to do some kind of repetition effort for squats? What if I did that but with box squats instead? Is that a good idea? The answer is probably "yes" but I like to ask and double check anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, your big issue is being uncomfortable with the squat, and the whoe point of the RE work was to get you comfortable with it.  Under normal circumstances, yes, it'd be a workable idea, but in your case, you need to get the actual squat wired into your CNS.

    ReplyDelete