Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Training Log: Entry 772

RE upper

DB press of 115
10,5,4

Notes: 1 week of CG and 1 week off has made me forget the form on this a little.  I was trying to "pull the bar apart" on the way down, only to realize there was no bar.  I'll get back into gear soon.

Incline press of 185
4x4

Notes: Going to try just adding sets in 3 week waves rather than attempting to add reps per set.  The volume will increase regardless, and there'd be less chance of failure.  I'll see how it goes.  4 is just psychologicaly easier, and I don't burn out going for it like I do on 5.

Lat pulldowns
160x15
140x15
120x15
100x15
100x15

Notes: Using rest pause as much as needed here.  Grip is all over the place, but all I want is to get my volume up.  I notice that my point of failure is my elbows, as they tire out well before anything else.  Wondering if hammer curls will do anything there.

Tate presses of 35 superset w/kelso shrugs of 50
18/20, 12/12, 12

Notes: The tate presses sneak up on you, and don't cause any sort of elbow pain.  The kelso shrugs are always gonna be awkward, but I think they're gonna aid my upperback rounding on deadlifts.


Took a week off and went to visit my wife's family.  They're pig farmers with a great corn crop, so I ate nothing but fresh meat and veggies for 5 days.  I ran 1.5 miles in the dirt (no time, just to practice).  Came home and was 201.5.  When I left I was more like 205.5.  I'll take it, my PFT is real soon.  I'm thinking from there I'm gonna do a long slow bulk.  I always put weight on too fast, and starting off skinny might help with my momentum.

No comments:

Post a Comment