Thursday, November 10, 2011

Training Log: Entry 1084

Squats 475
1,2

Notes: 6 day TDY with limited access to training equipment.  I did 100 DB rows with 40lbs and some lunges and stuff.  This was my first workout since.  I had 5 hours of sleep, a poor diet, and spent the day traveling, leading me to believe that external factors are responsible for my performance.  I am torn on how to feel.  This is the most I have ever squatted in my life, but I was aiming for way more.  My plan is to still increase to 480 next week for 2 singles. 

The double was the most hardfought rep in my life for a squat.  Great training value in learning how to strain and still get the rep, something I was lacking on my 502 attempt at my last meet.  I have zero speed as soon as I get out of the hole.  I am like a "human crane", to paraprhase Dave Tate, in that I am great at slow moving strength, but lack explosiveness.  I may turn my "overcome" day into a legit DE day, but that will come after this meet.  The only changes I am making at this point is just a reduction in training volume to taper for the meet.  Today's lack of volume was more a result of being fatigued compared to anything else.

DB rows 205
3x5

DE bench 185+chains
8x3

No comments:

Post a Comment