Sunday, May 3, 2020

Training Log: Entry 2666

Ok, first, I keep forgetting to add that I did a set of 20 NG chins at the end of my squat workout the other day.  Really just trying to get my back back to where it was and beyond.

Did my 25 minutes of stretching and single leg work.  Left leg continues to feel fine: just tender around the IT band.

AM WORKOUT

Axle bench press 296
2x10
1x9

Close grip axle bench 256
1x10
2x5

Swiss bar incline bench 220
1x10
2x8

Dips
2x40
1x35

Standing ab wheel between sets of bench
8x8

Notes: 3:05 between sets of benching, 2:00 between sets of dips.  I alternated the close grip benching with the swiss bar benching.  I definitely liked it more as a training approach: made the training seem much faster.  Not sure if it necessarily is more effective, but it gives me some room to play around at least, and now I can make drop sets and other intensity modifiers a bit more viable.

Also interesting how much more gas I had in me for those dips at the end.  I feel like that might mean something.  My sternum was a bit achy, which is most likely from the weighted dips I did in place of log this week.

Putting on my knee sleeves made that left knee ache.  Pain is around the IT band/very bottom of the hamstring, which is most likely where the tear occurred.  I wonder if that's also the spot where they harvested my hamstring to make a new ACL.

Very slight pain in my right forearm, which I think is a product of the grip training, rather than squats.  My upper body in general seems to be in less pain post squatting these days.  I may have to take a lesson that, when bodyweight goes up, squatting transfers to SSB only, and when it goes down I use the buffalo bar.  Wouldn't be the worst idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment