Thursday, April 30, 2020

Training Log: Entry 2665

AM

TKD lesson 45 minutes (no new material)
-Feels like I fix 1 thing in the form for 2 new problems to pop up.  We had a breakthrough on front snap kicks though, so that was cool.

AM WORKOUT

Buffalo bar squats
5xBar
5x140
3x230
1x320
1x360
1x410
2x410
22x1x410

Notes: 30 seconds between sets of heavy squats. No typo: 22 sets of 1 rep of 420.  I used an old powerlifting trick of wrapping my hamstring with some knee wraps to cast it



After that, I tested it out on the topset of 410.  It didn't feel good, so I thought about doing some reverse band squats.  Then I thought that was stupid and that the squats didn't really hurt that bad, so I tried 2 reps.  I noticed the second rep hurt more than the first, so decided to just do singles.  This was like some bizzaro world dynamic effort day, because rest periods were short but I was moving the squats VERY slowly.  It was reversing the eccentric that caused pain, so I'd slowly get to the bottom of the squat and then grind out of the top, trying to find the sweet sport where pain was minimized. 

This is either going to go 1 of 2 ways.  I either set back my recovery, or I gave my hamstring enough stimulus to promote healing.  I suppose a third option exists where it did neither, which, if true, I'm just going to make this my way forward until the hamstring is better.  This was still a tough workout.

Bodyfat continues to drop well.  My metric of not thinking "Christ I'm fat" while looking at myself in the mirror brushing my teeth before bed continues to hold firm.  Can see my abs again.

No comments:

Post a Comment