Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Training Log: Entry 390

Another deload workout.  Full steam ahead after this.  Deloaded on squats, pull-ups, and overhead presses.  Also threw in some neck crunches.

I'm gaining weight while at the same time my definition is increasing.  Last week I was 197, this week 199.  Perhaps a few things are going on.

1: I am not cutting like I thought I am, but instead still eating a caloric surplus, yet just enough to increase muscular gain while minimizing fat gain, and as such, my bodyfat% is decreasing (as in, the percentage of my body that is fat mass) because I have more muscle compared to fat.

2: I am some sort of mutant.

Either result would not suprise me.  I switched from around a gallon of 2% milk a day down to 2-3 glasses of 2% or skim milk a day, and reduced portion sizes greatly from my bulk, but given that the intensity of my workout is less than the 20 rep squats, I could require significantly less calories for maintenence, and as such, I could possibly still be eating maintenence.

I'm not complaining, just not what I was expecting.  If/when I box over the summer, I'm sure I'll lose weight.

1 comment: