Saturday, April 21, 2007

Training Log: Entry 398

Climbed the rope today, just to see if I could.  Did it without my legs.  Holy crap it's a lot harder at 200 than at 180.  Really felt it in my lats.  Makes me wish I had been using this instead of pull-ups, but oh well.

Worked on some holes in my boxing against the bag.  Finally made a conscious effort to keep my elbows tight to my side, and wow what a difference it makes.  I need to drill this until it becomes habit.  Everything felt sharper.  Also started throwing my straights at head height instead of chest height.  This was also very incredible.  Made my straights feel a lot stronger.  Need to make this a habit as well.

3 comments:

  1. I can testify to that. It feels weird how certain tasks become so much more difficult with a few pounds when you don't feel different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you don't mind me asking...
    What's the difference between pullups with your palms facing you and pullups with your palms facing out?
    I heard the latter were "harder" but my weightlifting coach always has us do the palms-facing-you variation

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't concern yourself with what's "harder", but with what's "better".
    Palms out emphasize the lats and forearms over the biceps, palms in emphasize the biceps over the lats and forearms.
    They're both effective, just different emphasis. 

    ReplyDelete