Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Training Log: Entry 393

Squats of 315
5,5,5,3,4

Notes: Really dead today, barely any improvement.  Better nutrition before lifting.

Pull-ups w/30lbs
5X5

Notes: Little cheating on the last rep, but good enough.  Mayb 45 for the next weight, just because I'm sick of having to have an equal balance on the dip belt.

Overhead presses of 155
5,5,5,4,2

Notes: Broke even on these.  Form was a lot better for what it's worth, and didn't have a powerrack to do these in.  Shoulder slipped a little on first set.  More glutamine.

 

Worked focus mitts today.  Focused on throwing shovel hooks in my combinations, along with keeping rear foot planted.  Did a 1-2-lead shovel hook drill and then a 2-3-rear shovel hook drill.  Partner said my shovel hooks had a ton of power.  He didn't ever wanna be hit by one.  Dropping my hands a little though.  Did a good job planting rear foot.

 

Weighing in at 197.  I like it.

5 comments:

  1. quick question, how does one cheat in a pullup?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kicking the legs, or in my case, stretching my chin out to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah...I figured flailing around would tire someone out more instead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it gives you momentum to get the lift up.  Try it yourself next time.  Kick your legs as you pull and you'll find that the swinging allows you to move upward.  It's just like people using their hips to curl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I thought the whole momentum deal with pullups was a myth, but I'll try it for today's workout.

    ReplyDelete