Friday, April 20, 2007

Training Log: Entry 397

Squats of 335
5,2,2,2,0

Notes: New weight, form was crap.  Kept shifting forward and pushing off my toes after the first rep.  Oh well, last day really. After this I'm gonna deload and get back on the Westside Barbell Powerlifting Template

Pull-ups w/45
5,5,3,3,2

Notes: Better work on a smooth controlled negative.

Overhead press of 155
5x5

Notes: Good way to end it.  Kinda wish I had progressed more.  In the future, smaller weight jumps for better lifting momentum.  Maybe start working push-presses

 

Some bagwork

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Le8-Qysfjag

Notes: Train tracking my hands.  Need more punches in combos.  Pick targets, don't just slam the bag.  Relax.  Focus on handspeed now.  More defense against the bag.

2 comments:

  1. You were probably better off doing 325 unless maybe you wanted to jump 20 lbs from 315 and for the hell of it, see how you could handle it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, like I said, it was my last day of the program, so I figured I'd give it a go.  Gives me a rough idea of where I'll need to max.

    ReplyDelete