Monday, April 9, 2007

Training Log: Entry 392

Back from the deload

Deadlifts of 335
5X5

Notes: Finally cleared this bastard.  That means I'll be at my start of scholastic year max for reps.  Makes me happy.

Dips w/110
5,5,5,2,2

Notes: Forgot to bring my numbers today, so just gave it my all.  I can't wait until I clear this.  Careful on the jump up so that the weight doesn't swing.

Bent over rows of 185
5X5

Notes: Form was very tight.  Felt a great pull in the lats.

 

Very proud of my bagwork today.  Very nice hooks and combinations.  However, back to old habits of letting that rear foot slip on the cross.  More focus.

Video evidence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE5GG9E8MJw

Got to spar as well.  Finally got to work against a taller opponent.  Tried my best to press the action.  Made them back up a lot.  Wish people would engage rather than run away.  Still a lot of pitty pat with the shorter guy.  Not as much of the niceguy crap at least.  Wanna work those body hooks.  They look like rib breakers on the bag, but I wanna see them on a person.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nTNr0BrEuj8

2 comments:

  1. You have excellent pacing, despite being the aggressor in those clips. You definitely don't look like the tank that you used to describe yourself as.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was working on my footwork and crap a little more.  Typically I'm tankish because I go too slow when I try to go easy.
    Thanks for the compliment.

    ReplyDelete