Friday, April 13, 2007

Training Log: Entry 394

Deadlifts of 355
5,4,2,1,1

Notes: Good to be at a new weight.  Last 2 sets were picture perfect.  Grip is no longer a weakness. 

Dips w/110
5,5,5,4,3

Notes: So damn close.  No swing in any of the reps thankfully.

Bent over rows of 205
5X5

Notes: Was very amazed to clear this on the first try.  Established a good mind/muscle link, thinking of the arms as hooks and the back doing all the pulling.  Better form than usual.

Been doing a little self resisiting neck work and some grip training.  Now grip training 3X a week, using the #2 for reps and the 3 for negatives.

4 comments:

  1. Where do you pull for barbell rows, waist or stomach? I tend to be inconsistent and pull to just about everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really see, I'm kinda the same way in all honesty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank's for the advice on shins. I actually do hit heavy bags with my shins....but I didn't know that a rolling pin was a bad idea.
    I used to just make sure I didn't wear shin guards when I played soccer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It could even be advantageous to pull to multiple spots as you'll get a workout on more things. Not sure if that applies to reps as low as 5, but for 15, I can probably see that being true. Just my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete