Friday, April 6, 2007

Training Log: Entry 391

Gym was closed today, got an outstanding GPP workout as a result.

Found some pull-up bars and did 5 sets of Pavel's Ladder.
1st Set: Built up to 5 (ie: 1, 1-2, 1-2-3, 1-2-3-4, 1-2-3-4-5)
2-3 Set: Built up to 3
4-5 Set: Built up to 2

Notes: Got a great pull, but shoulder slipped a little in the socket.  Weekend of rest will be good.

Took my fiancee's 2002 Honda Civic EX into the parking lot and pushed it.  Went for .2 miles on an uphill incline.  Have no idea how long it took, but my fiancee said the car was flying while she was driving it.  Most outstanding cardio, dry heaved a few times after I was done.  Quads were really blasted.  I wanna make this a regular thing, maybe on weekends as some basic strongman type stuff.  Be a good way to cut.

 

Gonna go for a little run later today.

9 comments:

  1. That is awesome. Try to build up to the freeway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I gotta try not to sprint with it next time, or to do some cooldown laps with the car when I'm done.  I wanna get up to a half mile at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natural workout, pretty sweet. I gotta try that stuff sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pull up system seems like a fun way to challenge a friend (assuming each are at the same level)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, exactly.  It's a good way to do a ton of pull-ups as well, and really get a good workout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. emaves....I probly spelled that wrong.
    I'm Bright Red from gamefaqs. Nice workout. I guess I should start posting mine on my xanga.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah yo, have you ever heard of Pavel endorsing Gymnastic holds like planches and stuff like that? Or in other words, what are your thoughts on "Gymnastic bodyweight" exercises?

    ReplyDelete