Monday, May 7, 2007

Training Log: Entry 405

Past few days have been a whirlwind.  I commissioned as a 2nd Lt. in the USAF, graduated from the University of Portland, and came back home to San Diego CA.  Missed DE upper, but have been getting a good workout moving a bunch of stuff (boxes, trunks, bags, beds, etc etc).

ME bench
Bar
135
225 (all sets are 3)
285x1
325x1
335x0
325x1

Notes: I'm at a new gym, and the benches are set way low.  Essentially it's a rack lockout and then a bench.  My triceps burnt way out as a result.  Maybe I'll do some real rack lockouts next time.  325 felt incredibly easy though.  Pulled my right front deltoid on the failed bench.  Hopefully heals soon.

CG bench of 225
10,5,4
CG bench 205
5

Notes: As I said, burnt out from the rack lockouts and bench, so this sucked.  Lower weight next time.

Straight bar tricep pulldown of 130
12,11,8,8

Notes: This weight felt nice.  Had a mirror to check form on. 

Lateral raises of 20lbs
10,10,9,8

Notes: Form was great. Should KO this next time.

T-bar rows of 135
10,10,10,8

Notes: Little rough at the end there, but I made it.  I'm going to stick t-bars on upper days and pull-ups on lower days.  My back is usually too burnt out on lower days to do it well, and pull-ups could prolly help stretch my back on lower days.

Bar pad Thick bar curls w/10lbs
8,8,6

Notes: New bar, no idea how much it weighs, just gonna stick with this.  The bar pads here are great for thick bars.

2 comments:

  1. That back split works well for me. Hope your shoulder pain doesn't linger.And huge congrats on everything you've accomplished.

    ReplyDelete