Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Training Log: Entry 406

ME lower day

Pin pulls at lowest pin
135
225
315
405 (all x3)
485x1
495x1
505x0
505x0
405x1

Notes: This didn't really go how I wanted.  My grip was the limiting factor.  My body had more than enough strength to nab the 505s, but my grip kept slipping.  I'm gonna buy some straps.  Won't make them a regular practice, but for lockouts, I can make an exception.

DB split squats of 60
11,9,8

Notes: Current gym does not have enough space for walking lunges, so altered the routine a little.  This murdered my grip moreso than if I used a barbell. 

Good mornings of 115
10,10,8,8

Notes: These felt really good.  Gotta do my best not to bend my knees, as I'm trying for straight legged.  Should KO it next time.

Wide grip pull-ups
8,8,4,4

Notes: Progress I suppose.  This works way better than t-bar rows on lower days.

Gonna do some hanging leg raises at home.

4 comments:

  1. You set the pins of the power rack to a level where you want to work from, then set the bar on there and pull from that height.  It's like a rack lockout for deadlifts.  Good way to get past locking out issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DB Split Squats are hell. They certainly do work one's grip.

    ReplyDelete