Friday, October 10, 2008

Training Log: Entry 620

DE upper

Speed bench w/155+chains
8x3

Notes: Speed hasn't really left.  Chains really made this movement.  Thinking of going 3 weeks DE chains, 3 weeks RE straight weight, 3 weeks DE bands, 3 weeks RE, etc.

2-board press w/245+chains
3x5

Notes: Keeping volume really low this week as I re-adjust to the short rest times and high rep work.  Didn't really have trouble getting the weight up, but might scale the weight back 10lbs when I add another set.

Military press w/135
3x5

Notes: Gassed towards the end here.  Might belt up on this one next time.

Pull-ups
w/mini band-10,6,6
no bands-3,3,2

Notes: My lats are lacking in volume, and I've made it a strategy to try to hit 30 reps in as few sets as possible on my pull-ups.  Used a mini band for assistance on the first few sets.  For some reason, I get more fatigued with band pulls than without them, don't know why.

Trap bar shrugs w/225
10

Notes: Scraped all the skin off my left shin setting up weights.  Managed 1 set before I decided to pack it in and clean the wound.  Was kinda grossed out when all the hair on my shin fell off in one clump, and took my mind off of lifting.

No comments:

Post a Comment