Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Training Log: Entry 630

ME upper

Wide grip bench w/chains
Barx3
135x3
185x1
225x1
300x1 (New PR)
310x1 (New PR)
295x1
275x2

Notes: Ego got the best of me on that last set.  275 went up like air, so wanted to see what I could do.  If I really wanted to open it up, I know I had enough in me for a triple.  Just a great day for my strength, with a good pause on every single.  Weight was going down and up unevenly.  Left side might be weaker than the right.  Might perform some DB work, if I can get a decent set-up.  Think I may hit some 3 week cycles on my upperbody work, as I seem to be able to still maintain gains on this.  Could just be muscle memory trying to get back up to 365.

Strict press of 145
4x5

Notes: Used a wider than usual grip on this one (pinkies on the rings).  First time since ever that I've been able to grip that wide without shoulder pain.  Think all this wider grip work has been good for my shoulder development.  The raises may be good as well.

Band tricep pulldowns w/2 lights
25,25,17,15

Notes: Tried out my new average band, but resistance was lighter than the 2 lights, so just stuck with them for now.  Love how well this destroys my triceps without putting pain on my elbows.

Nuetral grip standing band rows w/light per hand
4x15

Notes: I'm a frickin' genius.  I discovered that I can eliminate the bands pulling my feet forward by setting the bands up in the pins opposite the side of the rack I'm standing on, and then using the foot of the rack to brace against.  Put a lot more emphasis on the movement and less on stability.  This is doing a great job of hitting my lats without affecting my lower back.  I might be able to cycle between this, t-bar rows, and DB works now.  So glad to have a new movement.

EZ bar curls w/65lbs
15,13,10,8

Notes: I'm cheating on the reps a little, but strict form is for chumps.  My arms are still fried by the time I'm done.  I freaking hate working my arms, but they're so tiny.

Trap bar shrugs of 225
1x20

Notes: Just wanted to test out my new straps.  Don't want to overload my traps too much.

 

Turned 23 yesterday.  Great birthday bounty.  An average jump stretch band, the EFS basic training book and hoodie, strong enough lifting straps from ironmind, and some money to help with my home gym.  Wife also made me a shirt and sign for the gym, both of which say "Shut up and Squat"  I got a keeper.

3 comments: