Monday, October 13, 2008

Training Log: Entry 622

ME lower

Bench press
3xbar
3x135
1x185
1x225
1x315
0x335
1x315
1x305

Notes: My next bench grip was a dud.  The wider hand spacing placed too much stress on my shoulders and removed strength from my triceps, which are my strong point.  I think too many shoulder dislocations has ruled out anything wider than pinkies on rings for ME work.  I'm going to be putting extra effort into brining my shoulders up, with more hypertrophy work.  I'm also switching out DE upper early for RE upper.  I don't have any of the supporting musculature I used to for benching.  I'm also 15lbs lighter than my last attempt, so I should have anticipated this.  I'm finding my lockout to be about 2-4 inches off my chest.  Strength directly off my chest is still strong, so I guess I have pause bench to thank for that.  I'm gonna be avoiding training the flat bench as an ME directly for a while as well, to remove ego from the equation. 

Band tricep pressdown w/double lights
20,17,15

Notes: Lot easier on the elbows than skull crushers.

Trap bar lateral raise

Notes: 12,10,10

Notes: This always happens when I have a new toy, but I loved the nuetral grip aspect.  A lot easier on my shoulder than having my hands rotated.

Bent over BB rows w/135
15,10,10

Notes: Scrap this crap, not doing it again.  Hate this movement, get nothing from it.  Next time, power rows or T-bar.

EZ bar curls w/65lbs
15,8,8

Notes: Biceps are so weak.  Arms are getting tiny, need to get them some more hypertrophy.

Band pull aparts w/light
2x15

Notes: Just some pre-hab.

No comments:

Post a Comment