Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Training Log: Entry 623

DE lower

Speed below paralle box squats of 185+light bands
10x2

Notes: Set the box slightly below parallel.  Focused on not rocking back and getting maximal acceleration out of the hole.

Below parallel box squats of 275+chains
3x5

Notes: Now that I have those patio tiles, I can box squat with heavy weight instead of using all my plates to form a box.  Holy cow what a great movement.  Really made me focus on not rocking out of the squat, and keeping my glutes and hips tight on the way up.  I can see how this will be a very useful movement in my training.  Kept the weight relatively low, just because it's my first week back.

Squat stance good mornings of 135
3x5

Notes: Weight was very light, but haven't hit a good morning in a long time, wanted to play it safe.  Bent the knees a little and focused on keeping the arch the entire time.

Saxon side bends w/15lb DBs supersetted w/neck harness work
3x5

Notes: This really shredded my core.  Doesn't take much.

No comments:

Post a Comment