Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Training Log: Entry 626

ME upper

Wide grip pause bench (all weight w/chains)
Barx3
135x3
185x2
225x1
275x1
285x1
295x1 (PR by default)
275x1

Notes: I figure since my shoulder is the weak link, I'm gonna start widening my grip in some of my training to get it stronger and better able to contribute.  Amazingly, this really got my leg drive going, which I can never get enough of.  Made sure to get a good pause in, and even said "press" on my last set to make sure I had it.

Strict press of 135
4x6

Notes: This was pretty easy.  Toying on adding weight or more reps next time around.

Band pulldowns w/2lights
25,17,15,14

Notes: Totaly fried my triceps.  Love how easy this is on my elbow.

Band nuetral grip horizontal rows w/ 1light per hand
2x15, 2x12

Notes: I didn't think I'd like this at first, but I really got some decent lat activation.  Focused on pulling with my elbows instead of my hands.  Actually toyed around with looping the bands around the outside of my elbow and using that to complete the row, to completely eliminate the hand issue, with decent results.  Might need to look into that further.

EZ bar curls w/65
15,10,8,8

Notes: A little cheating, but I just need the volume at this point.  Arms are so tiny, and biceps so weak.

Trap bar shrugs of 135
1x20

Notes: Getting some straps soon, so that I can do some real shrugs, but just wanted to burn out on my last movement.  My grip was the first to go, traps were fine.  Lots of popping in my neck, should find out what the hell is going on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment