Saturday, October 18, 2008

Training Log: Entry 625

ME lower

Deadlifts (alternating Sumo and conventional)
135x3
225x3
315x2
405 3x1

Notes: Just used this as a form practice at this point.  Felt pulling in my lower back that seemed like it could be bad if I tried to break anything heavy off the floor.  Think I'm going to hold off on pulling heavy from the floor for a while, and just subin trap bar lifts, reverse band deads, and rack/mat pulls for the time being.  Been babying my lower back too much, and need to bring it back up again.

Trap bar lifts of 315 (assuming the trap bar weighs 45lbs)
4x6

Notes: Focused on keeping my arch.  Video taped my dead attempts, and found I still had too much rounding.  Going to use this to improve leg drive. 

SLDLs of 225
3x10

Notes: Decided the best way to get better at breaking off the floor was to do it a lot.  Went beltless with this to focus on keeping my back tight and developing the muscles.  High reps don't hit my back too bad, so there is less worry of injury.

Band ab pull downs w/2 lights and a mini supersetted with hise shrugs of 225
30/38, 30/19, 20/17

Notes: Can't wait to pick up those average bands.

No comments:

Post a Comment