Thursday, October 23, 2008

Training Log: Entry 627

DE lower

Speed box squats of 195+light bands
10x2

Notes: Finally tried fast negatives, and was amazed with the results.  It totally got my speed fired up on the squat, something I've been missing on my DE work.  It's not perfect for form practice, but that's not the intention of this movement.  This really brought a whole new light to my DE work.

Box squats of 275+chains
6,6,6,5

Notes: Had enough in me for that final six, but felt my form falling apart, and didn't want to risk it.  This completely fried my hips, and once I was done, I discovered my lower back had an insane pump to it.  Really loving this movement.

Band pull throughs w/light
3x10

Notes: After the box squats, had nothign in me, so kept the PC work light.  3 sets is still enough to fry me.  I'll increase volume as necessary.

Saxon side bends w/15lb DBs supersetted with neck harness work.
3x6

Notes: Same approach with the PC work.  When I need more volume, I'll get it.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, be wary about going down too quickly. I had back problems at one point from plopping myself down on the box and crunching my spine into itself. By the way, you sent me this beginner powerlifting routine on some webpage (I think it was EliteFTS but I could be wrong) a while ago to use on my site. It entailed 8-10 reps, even for the compound exercises. Do you still have that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm not plopping down, just using a quick negative.  You've seen my videos with how slow I tend to decend as a comparaison.
    Sadly, I didn't have that bokmarked.  It was definitely elitefts though, so you could prolly find it with some digging.

    ReplyDelete