Sunday, May 24, 2009

Training Log: Entry 739

RE upper

DB press of 100
15,8,6

Notes: Went back to the DBs.  Gonna maybe go with 2-3 weeks at the same weight, then move up.  Going to make 15 the new stopping point instead of 20.

2-board press of 245
5,4,4

Notes: Used some tips from the Dave Tate video. Mainly pausing before starting the decent of the press and driving with my heels, along with practicing elbow flare.  Lockout was soft on the 5th rep attempt of the second set, so I'm not counting it.  Might stick with the weight for 1 more week here.

Lat pulldowns
2x10x180
1x7x160*
1x10x160
1x10x140

Notes: I need to pull with my elbows more in my later sets.  The connective tissue in my left elbow is killing me.

Band flyes w/light band
12,12,10,8

Notes: Using a light instead of minis really changes the dynamics here for the better.  Great movement.

DBPCs
10x30lbs
2x10x20

Notes: Shrug the weight back, then contract the rear delt to move the weight.  Found myself using my anterior delts instead.  When I figured out the form, the movement really blasted my back.

Drop set of curls, 5 reps each
110,80,50

Notes: I hate these so much.  I need to find something else to do.  Maybe cable curls, or thick bars, or something interesting.

Neck harness work

No comments:

Post a Comment