Saturday, July 25, 2009

Training Log: Entry 759

Haven't done a good job updating

Wednesday I worked on my conditioning.  My legs were still killing me, so I didn't wanna do ME lower.  Pushed my van for 8 lengths without any rest periods.  4 hands high, 4 hands low, last 2 lengths were very long.  Got a good sweat and got some blood flowing to my legs.  Helped me recover for Thursday's ME workout.


ME lower

Trap bar lifts
135x5
225x3
315x1
405x1
515x5 (15lb PR)
515x4
515x3

Notes: I need to weigh my trap bar sometime to see if it's really 45lbs, but either way this was a big PR.  I had more in me on the last set, but wanted to take it easy.  I get more air in my belly when I don't raise my arms above my head.  Used my really collars rather than the spring ones, helped keep the weight all in place.  Gonna add risers from here, and take risers away from my deadlift off of mats and see what happens.

SSB box squats of 305
4x3

Notes: Beltless here.  The weight feels really heavy, so I'm cutting down the reps and upping the sets.  Some falling forward, but I never dropped the weight.

Light band pullthroughs
3x12

Notes: Focused on keeping the arch, sticking my butt out, calling in the hamstrings, and punching my hips forward.  Shoulda gone for RDLs on here, but was running out of time (lifting on my lunch break).

No comments:

Post a Comment