Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Training Log: Entry 760

RE upper

DB press of 110
12,7,4,3

Notes: I've found this kind of wave to work for me. 3 sets first week, 4 sets second week, 3 sets third week, move up in weight. I actually didn't realize I hit a rep PR on the second set until I reviewed my log, so that's progress.

2-board press
3x285
2x285
3x275
5x225

Notes: I think I'm gonna switch back to weighted dips on this. Maybe stick with a 45lb plate and just do a million reps. I'm noticing in both my shoulders and triceps that I'm getting "fatigued" before I actually get weak. It's hard to describe, but it feels more like my muscles are exhausted while still having strength potential in them, and that I'm failing more as a result of poor conditoning than a lack of strength. I think getting a ton more volume in might be necessary. Speaking of volume, for some reason I did like an extra set of everything on this workout.

Pull-ups
Wide grip, normal grip, nuetral grip, chins
5,5,5,5
5,3,3,3
4,4,4,4

Pull down drop set
160x5
150x5
140X5
130x5

Notes: Tried something different on the last set of cluster pull-ups. Instead of sticking with one grip for multiple reps, I switched between grips on every rep and called that a set when I hit all 4. Seemed to work better. My lats are screaming a day after, so I suppose something worked.

Band flyes

Notes: I need to use lighter resistance. I was doing everything with my biceps. I might switch this out.

Band pull aparts superset w/curls of 35
17/8, 10/7, 10/6

2 comments:

  1. Hey J.R., been a long time, I've kinda become somewhat of a recluse I guess for better or for worse, probably the latter. Anyways, i just noticed your up to 760 entries, its amazing you've been able to keep up the xanga for so long. Next time your down here in San Diego, let me know, would really like to catch up some time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow man, I've been swamped with work and just now noticed your message.  I miss you dude.  I might be back in town in October, I'll definitely keep you posted.  How're you doing?

    ReplyDelete