Monday, October 5, 2009

Training Log: Entry 787

RE upper push

DB press of 90
15,8,15*

Notes: Hit 10 in the last set, set down for 3, set down for another 2.  Maybe 15 seconds between pick-ups.  I'm amazed at how strong I felt on the last set before I even put the weights down.  Normally 1 more rep is a struggle, and this time I had 3 in me, and the previous sets went up easy.  My mini-cycles between horizontal and vertical might have an effect here, something from Pavel's 3-5.  One day I need to sit down and hammer down all the different theories and concepts I have built into this program.

NG pull-ups w/25lbs
4x5

Bradford press of 95
8,8,7,4

Notes: Once again, the number represents from and back.  I might need to can this, just because my right shoulder tends to but me on the rows after I do these.

Low pulley rows of 140
15,11,12,10

Of 100
15

Notes: Form was getting pretty bad towards the end.  Cable rows don't quite have the potential for rest pause like DB rows do, having to reset the form every time.

Cable pushdown of 72.5 superset w/cable curls of 50
15/15, 15/13, 10/10

 

Considerations: I've doubled my fish oil intake starting this week.  I was going to experiment with PWO nutrition, but my training is happening before dinner, so that's what I eat.  I need to start drinking more water at work and eating less junk.  Kinked something bad in my neck on the pull-ups, and tore my right lat and jacked up my serratus moving stuff around the house.  I'm a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment