Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Training Log: Entry 795

RE upper push

DB bench of 100
15,8,6

Notes: It looks like my volume experiment is working towards strength increases.  I only dropped 1 rep from the added weight of 20lbs, whereas before I'd lose about 3-5 reps total from a 10lb increase.

NG pull-ups w/35lbs
3x5

Arnold press of 40
15
DB press of 40+minibands
10,8

Notes: Arnold presses did jack for me, just fried out my forearms.  I might just stick with seated BB presses at this point.  I don't know how much variety I can really throw at overhead pressing for volume.

V-handle rows of 160
4x10

Notes: Just realized I was supposed to use the straight bar, but it's practically the same movement anyway.  Had great lat activation, just focused on moving the weight via flexing the muscles.

Curls and pushdowns


Considerations: I think my current programming is gonna work.  The 2 weeks of high volume tapered off at just the right time, and even though the weight is going up, the reduced reps and sets feel like a break for me.

2 comments:

  1. Damn, I swear by Arnold presses. Have you ever push-pressed seriously? I thought my coordination would suck but after two weeks I had gotten a lot out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've toyed with the push-press, but I don't like it as a movement because I tend to fail based off of technique issues rather than strength.

    ReplyDelete