Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Training Log: Entry 794

RE deadlift

Deadlift of 315
2x10

Notes: Focused on flexing the triceps and bringing my hands in to shorten distance.  Thinking of the deadlift as two different pulls is helping.  First pull to ths top of shins, second pull is arching the hips.

Squats of 395
3x3

Notes: Remember to get that final "dip" at the end of each squat, both for the stretch reflex and depth.

SSB lunges of 135
1x12

Notes: I've been doing these up an incline on my driveway, but that'll prolly end once it snows.

Band hamstring work w/light
1x100

Notes: I need to find some sort of non-hip flexion hamstring work I can do at home.  My hips are getting beat up.

Saxon side bends of 15
15, 12

3 comments:

  1. You could try the bodyweight leg curl/"poor man's GHR" (though apparently the training effects are quite distinct) - find some means of securing your feet (ideally dumbbells or another person, but I imagine there are creative ways to do it otherwise) and...well, yeah.Band Leg Curls might also be an option.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't notice that you commented on my log twice until now.For RE work , certainly volume is important, and it's inevitable that I'll sacrifice form a bit to get more reps, but having good form and placing an importance on it doesn't hurt one bit so long as I'm passing the rep requirement. And for my supplemental lift after the RE benching, I'm pretty much useless for any heavy pushing after it, so chin ups are about the only thing that I can do afterwards with such intensity, and luckily they do help my benching in a less direct way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm leaning more towards leg curls of some variety at this point.  It'd be nice if I had a bench.Funeral: I was commenting more on when you said good technique was "the point", rather than just a consquence.  I imagine the chins are more your upperback work vs. a supplemental lift.  They benefit the bench in an indirect way, correct, making them an assistance lift, but you still want a supplemental lift in there.  Just lift what you can for heavy work.  It doesn't need to be something that it as heavy as you can do fresh, it just needs to be a supplemental lift.

    ReplyDelete