Thursday, October 8, 2009

Training Log: Entry 789

RE upper pull

Pull-ups
11,11,11,11,*4

Notes: I tried kipping on the last set, and realized after years of training strict form, I have no idea how to kip.  I ended up just jumping from the bottom, but it didn't really do much. 

Strict press of 165
3,3,4+2 push press

Notes: Weight flew up easy, but the push presses sucked.  I tried for a 3rd and failed because of timing. I'm really uncoordinated.

V handle cable rows of 140
15,13,12,11

Of 100
15

Notes: Focused on really getting the lats and upperback here.  Got a decent pump.

Bodyweight dips
8,8,8,20

Notes: Hit about 10 on the last set before I started using rest pause.  Dips have got to be the greatest upper body movement for the rest pause.  It's got a built in stretch reflex, and failure just means dropping.  Got a big pump in my chest and triceps.

Face pulls of 30 superset with cable curls of 50
20/15, 20/15, 20/10


Considerations: I'm feeling incredibly strong on these high volume days.  I think both having a low volume week before hand and having 2 different training weeks plays a role in my recovery.  I'm definitely not bogging down.


Made a blender bomb half full of milk, 4 heaping table spoons of yogurt, over 1 cup of blue berries, and 2 scoops of whey for post workout.   I need more calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment