Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Training Log: Entry 791

RE upper vertical push

NG DB press of 50
15,9,20

Notes: Hit about 11 on the second set before I hit up the rest pause.  Set the weight down, 3 deep breaths, 2 reps, repeat until 20.  I read somewhere that the deep breaths help bring oxygen into your system.  Prolly psuedo-science, but the time I spend breathing is rest.

DB rows of 150
6,6,5,5

Notes: This was awesome.  Unfortunately, these are the heaviest DBs in my gym.  I might try putting in a request for heavier ones.  I got incredible lat activation.  Left side has issues where my leg gets in the way of the bell, and I need to find the right place to grip so it doesn't tip.

Medium grip bench press of 185
10,8,6,12

Notes: Hit 4 on the last set until I had to rest pause.  Rack, 3-6 breaths, 1 rep, repeat.  I could do this to 20 if I need to, which I just might.  My knee pain is minimal, but setting up on bench still aggravates it, so I'm benching with just shoulder blades tucked.

Lat pulldowns
3x12x160
1x12x140
Burnout from 140

Notes: Feel really strong on these, much like all the other movements.

Tricep pushdown of 80 superset w/curls of 70
14/13, 14/12, 10/10

Notes: Rest periods were jacked up, working in on the cable rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment