Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Training Log: Entry 788

RE upper squat

SSB box squats of 245
10,10,6

Notes: I saw the squats going the way of my previous RE experiment, with an inability to recover both after the movement and after the workout, so I switched out to the SSB off a box.  Still a great strain, but easier to recover from.  Need to focus on hip initation rather than knee when the set starts getting hard.  Really fried out my quads.

Trap bar lifts of 315 off of 2 risers
5,5,15

Notes: Definitely have more in me.  Hitting 15 reps showed me how useful the trap bar may be if the conventional deadlift becomes too difficult to use for RE work.  First rep of every set flew up, and I felt like I didn't have the right weight.  Dive bombing helped.

Front squats of 155
1x15

Notes: May switch to a widowmaker set of squats sometime, still experimenting.

Averange band pulldowns
1x120

No comments:

Post a Comment