Saturday, February 21, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1796

(7) Mat pulls 545+chains
1x18


Notes: It pains me to see the bar weight so low, but this is what I needed. Chains add a nice degree of difficulty exactly where I am weak. Additionally, I want to applaud myself for my brilliance, in that, by attaching the chains directly to the bar, this means that, as the ROM increases each week, the starting weight actually DECREASES while the end weight remains the same. This may have some interesting effects on maintaining reps through out the cycle.

Managed 3 dead starts here, with 11 in the first pull, 4 in the second, and 3 in the third. In the future, my plan is to take the chains off at the end and go for broke on the last pick up, but my right hip was a little pissed off with me, so I took a little easy.



Farmer's walks 285 per hand
4x50'

Notes: Improved my technique here. Was starting with my feet too far back, which made the pick up slow and ugly and gave me no speed at the start. Got my heels in line with my hands (rather than my middle foot) and noticed a huge difference on the last 2 sets. Was really motoring with the weight. Want to get this up to 300lbs per hand pretty soon.


Squat (drop set)
405x10
315x10
225x10
135x10
barx10


Notes: Was running long and wanted to get volume in quickly. Totally kicked my ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment