Thursday, February 26, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1799

Got some video of today's session. Schedule is opening up in the next few months, may be able to get more of these/longer workouts.





Axle clean and press (clean each rep) 200lbs
1x10

Clean once and press away 200lbs
1x5

Notes: Hit the 11th clean on my belt, called it at that. This took forever, cardio is garbage, but good to see the strength is here. Previous best was 7, done at my first ever competition. A few decent presses, but needed to really get the bar racked.


DB bench 105 per hand
2x10
1x8
1x7 w/reactive slingshot

superset w/chins
4x12

Notes: Getting better here. Soon I will move the incline up slightly.

20 band pull aparts in between sets of everything



205lb sandbag carry for distance w/turns at 50'
1x140'
1x80'
1x150'

Notes: Getting a good grip was what mattered here. Had the gas, but needed to man handle the bag. Camera got jacked up on the first run.

4 comments:

  1. I wonder what happened to that car once it entered your territory. The outdoor training looks really fun. Even though I use the backyard I want to bring some portable stuff to this huge park over here one day and do similar things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is thankfully right outside my garage, so I don't have to travel too far with the gear, haha. The best is rolling the keg up and down the driveway. Same with the farmer's walk handles when the plates are loaded on. The sandbag sucks because dragging it unfortunately caused a tear in it, so I have to be more gentle.

      My neighbors are thankfully very tolerant of my training, but every once in a while I have to melt one of those cars with my laser eyes to re-establish dominance.

      You ever get those kegs?

      Delete
  2. The seller rescheduled 4 or 5 times now (to be fair, I looked up his reason for the last time and really did see a news story about the train he was on hitting a car), but have plans to go tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just be aware, he may have simply reverse engineered his excuse by looking up a news story and then claiming he was involved in it. I pulled that off one time when I got out of doing my homework by telling my teacher I was JFK and was shot in the head while in Texas, The news totally backed me up.

    ReplyDelete