Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Training Log: Entry 1798

(15) Chain Suspended Safety Squat Bar Squat
1x5x425+chains
1x10x335+chains



Notes: Took some video to capture what things are looking like. Threw in another set because I'm not really getting the volume I want out of this. Really like having that in there. Think next time the follow up set will be all pure dead stop off chains to really drill that part of the lift, as I had more gas in me than 10 reps, but just felt like death. SSB really breaks your soul.


Axle cleans
Worked up to 2 singles of 240
Backed down to an easy set of 5x190

Notes: Hit sets of these in between warm ups for squats. First 2 attempts at 240 failed at the chest, next 2 were incredibly smooth. Caught it high rather than my last time, where I had to bend my back to land it properly. Really excited about getting good at this movement. I think I have the hand size to work well without going to continental. Also, to clarify something, I perform these elevated 7 mats high so that I won't screw up my deadlift form with my clean form. Makes things a little more difficult having less momentum to carry the weight, but helps simulate a tire clean.


Standing ab wheel
3x8

Reverse hyper 320
2x8
1x15

GHR
3x10

No comments:

Post a Comment