Friday, February 15, 2019

Training Log: Entry 2381

PM WORKOUT

Axle strict press
5xAxle
5x136
5x166
12x181 (lifetime PR?)
10x166

Superset all sets w/20 band pull aparts

GIANT SETS

Axle strict press 123
3x10
2x8

Dips
5xFailure (Think it went 16, 13, 8, 8, 10)

DB lateral raise 15lbs
5x10

Hammer curl reverse strip set (pre-exhaust?  Run the rack? What the hell would you call this?  No rest between sets)
8x10
8x15
8x20
8x25
8x30
8x35

Notes: 3:50 rest between the topsets of the press, then 1:50 between sets of the giant sets.  Helluva return to training after downtime; setting what I believe to be a lifetime PR for this weight.  Coming into it from Deep Water, it's interesting.  The weight FEELS a lot heavier than it used to feel back when I trained with higher percentages, but I could still hit it for more reps.  I imagine it's a sign that my strength is built up but my ability to move heavy percentages has been reduced.  Bodes well for how things will go after this run with some higher intensity stuff. 

I'm happy with how this training day was set up, but I had the benefit of doing it without having to get ready for work.  I'll see if it's viable with more time constraints.

Woke up at 196.2.  Already looking leaner, which leads me to believe that most of my fluff was more bloat than anything else.  Still, fitness test and Murph in March, being lighter will be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment