Friday, February 22, 2019

Training Log: Entry 2383

AM WORKOUT

GIANT SETS (squats-jumps-reverse hypers)

Buffalo bar squats
10xBar
10x140
10x230
10x320
10x340
10x230

Box jumps
6x5

Reverse hyper 200
6x10

Pull ups
1x20

Notes: 3:45 rest between sets.  I'm just figuring out the squats as I go.  It's been like 2 months since I've had the buffalo bar on my back, and it shows.  320 felt like a million pounds on my back, and it kept sliding down as the set went on.  Left knee was also pissed off once it was done.  Shoulder mobility could stand to be better.  It's one of those were taking this squat out of my rotation makes my knee feel better, but it also means losing some mobility and skill, so I'm thinking of running a wave pattern where I alternate the squat style by week.  Something like a 10s week with the buffalo bar, then 8s SSB, then 6s Buffalo bar, then 10s SSB front squat, 8s buffalo bar, etc.  Should hopefully keep the skill engrained while sparing the knee some damage.  Also still plan to keep a squat in my deadlift workout.  Need to get in some unilateral stuff where possible, and fit in cleans to keep the technique.

I liked the pre-exhaust effect of this workout though.  Makes light weight feel heavy.

Woke up at 196.4.

No comments:

Post a Comment