Sunday, February 24, 2019

Training Log: Entry 2386

Conditioning

Heavy bag boxing
10 rounds
2 minutes on, 30 seconds rest

Notes: Been reading through a book called "Championship Streetfighting: Boxing as a Martial Art" by Ned Beaumont, and it's done a good job of opening my eyes to just how garbage my right straight is, so today I spent a LOT of time drilling the hell out of it.  It paid off; first time in a LONG time I felt like I had thrown the punch with any conviction.  Need to work on including that while making it part of a combo, but was still good to feel some solid power in it.

Next as much time/energy spent slipping or weaving; this was more about keeping power in the punches.  Much more exhausting as a result.  Per my usual protocol, I spent the 10th round punching for the full 2 minutes, going head-head-head-head-body-body-body-body repeat.  Still exhausting.

Was great to be able to actually SEE the heavy bag.  Still 2 more months before I'm cleared to take a punch to the head though.

No weigh in this morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment