Monday, June 1, 2020

Training Log: Entry 2684

PM WORKOUT

Axle bench press 296
3x10

Close grip axle bench press 256
2x10
1x9

Swiss bar incline bench 220
1x10
1x7
1x6

Dips
1x36
3x20

Pull ups between sets of benchin
10x5
1x10

Poundstone Curls
109xAxle

Notes: 3:45 between sets.  This workout went well, and very much not how I expected.  My hip is still pretty achy, and lying down on a bench was agony at first, but once I got down there I had no pain or issues benching.  Getting OFF the bench sucked the first time, and I felt like I was legitimately stuck after my first set, but after that I figured out a system.  However, incline bench, which I thought would be without issue, ended up being the toughest to deal with.  Apparently, I use my hips to screw myself into the seat to keep from moving, and when that was gone, I had lost some pressing power.  Good to know.  Been chasing that 296 for 3x10 for a bit now, especially with the bodyweight drop, so that's a great victory.

On top of all my dumb injuries, the middle finger tip on my left hand is massively swollen because my dog bit it when I went to trim his nails.  My dog is a pug, so it's a small bite, but it made gripping things suck. 

Now that ab wheel is on press day, I can do back work on my bench day, which I've really missed in my training.  Always seemed like a good balance.  Glad it worked out this way too, because I'm pretty sure, if I tried to do an ab wheel right at this moment, I would spontaneously combust.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment