Saturday, June 6, 2020

Training Log: Entry 2688

PM WORKOUT

Bas Rutten BAS head and body workout 2x in a row
10 3 minute rounds w/1 minute rest

Notes: First 5 rounds with the MMA gloves, last 5 with the 16oz gloves.  Seems to spare my knuckles some to not use the MMA gloves the whole time.  My right shoulder got a little borked on one of the low hooks: I'll keep my eye on it.

In injury news, it continues to improve.  Was able to do the middle split stretch (not full split, of course, but stretching to that position) without any pain in the area.  Up until today, that was always triggering pain from the injury, so the site is recovering.  Still got some nagging stuff to deal with, but it's ultimately better. 

Something I've been meaning to log and keep forgetting is something weird I've been dealing with for the past few months now: I don't like to sleep anymore.  I'm still sleeping, I have no insomnia, but it's genuinely become an unenjoyable activity for me.  Biggest issue is that I'm having some vivid and involved dreams whenever I sleep.  And they're really not nightmares or anything: I just have tasks to get done in my dreams, usually related to my job, and it's exhausting.  It's like, I'll work all day, come home, go to sleep and start my second job.  I wake up in the morning relieved that they were just dreams, and have often gotten a head start on my day because it'll be like 0500 and I just plain won't want to sleep any more.  In truth, were I not married and had someone to keep me normal, I'd most likely be staying up later and later and waking up earlier to avoid sleep.  When the end of the day rolls around and it's time for bed, I legitimately dread sleeping.  Well, dread might not be the right word: it's more like having to visit the DMV or wait in line at the post office.  I just plain don't want to do it.

I've heard that this may be a manifestation of anxiety, and it times out with when we were instructed to start self-quaratining for COVID.  In my day to day life, I don't feel particularly stressed, but I think my sub-conscious may be reacting.

I've been making sure to tell the Mrs about this, just so she can keep tabs on me and see if anything else is off about me.  So far, I'm "normal" for me, but it's something I'm keeping aware of.

No comments:

Post a Comment