Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Training Log: Entry 2696

AM WORKOUT

Safety Squat Bar Squats
20xBar
18x115
16x135
14x185
12x225
10x275
5x300
10x275
12x225
14x185
16x135
18x115
20xBar

SUPERSETS (snatch-hyper)

Hang power snatch 115
4x2

Reverse hyper 180
1x40
1x30
2x20

Notes: 2:00 between squats, except for very topset.  4:00 before and after that set.  2:00 between giant sets.  The safety squat bar continues to be very gentle on the groin/abductor BUT I can't wear a belt.  I threw one on for the 275 set and could immediately feel the abductor start to pull on the decent.  My technique must be different enough between the two.  I imagine that with the belt I squat back more, in order to create clearance for the belt, whereas without the belt I sit between my knees.  I definitely hit better depth without the belt, so that checks out.  So it looks like I have some beltless SSB work in my future.

Squats are still VERY slow and deliberate.  I'm pretty much pausing in the hole on the first few reps just to make sure everything is stable, and even after that I'm not moving quick.  Makes a little weight go a long way, especially with so many reps in the earlier sets.  Still just kinda winging it for now.

The snatches are super ugly, but light enough that I'm not too worried.  They still pull on the groin a bit, so I'm not going full out. 

2 comments:

  1. Great job working around the injury. Always find my barbell squat shoots up when I have to take a mandated break due to injury and do some variation before returning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man. I think this is going to make my deadlift climb, since I'm using a much more bent over style to take some weight off the legs. For some reason, my barbell squat will plummet if I don't have a barbell on my back frequently. But at this point I pretty much just squat because I "have to", since it makes everything else stronger, so if I see a little drop on weight it won't be a big deal.

      And deadlifts are cooler anyway, haha.

      Delete