Friday, June 5, 2020

Training Log: Entry 2687

LUNCHTIME WORKOUT

High Handle Trap Bar deads
5x135
5x225
3x315
1x405
1x495
0x585

SURPRISE DEEP WATER WORKOUT

Trap bar deads 495
8x10
1x2
1x4
1x6
1x9

Pull ups
1x12

Notes: 2:00 rest between the first 9 sets.  Between sets 8 and 9 I lied down on the floor and that totally made the wheels come off.  After that, I pulled that set of 2, took a 3 minute rest, pulled the set of 4, then took 2 minute rests again between 6 and 9.  I pulled 9 reps, making the total 101, because I was upset with my body's show of weakness today and decided to punish it rather than let it off easy.

Was originally setting up for a max effort day, but had to walk it back.  Went for the set of 585 and could still feel the abductor was a bit loose.  It's funny: I thought for sure it was gonna be the groin injury that was going to hold me back on this one, but that actually felt totally find for the trap bar pulls.  Decided on 100 reps of trap bar pulls at 495.  Settled on 2 minute rests between sets, and it wasn't until set 3 that I realized I was doing the last week of Deep Water Beginner.  Nothing is original.  At least I know that, if I ever decide to run it with the high handle trap bar, I'll need to use slightly more than 495.

Even though my pulls all look super grindy on video whenever I show them, there IS an element of explosiveness to them at the start of the pull.  I equate it to watching a rocket launch.  You'll see the flames out the bottom and stuff is clearly igniting, but nothing is moving at first.  Then it suddenly starts lifting off the ground.  I bring that up because I COULDN'T do that today, which is what prevented ME work from happening.  It also meant that every set started with a VERY slow first rep while I tried my hardest to not suddenly shift weight onto the injured part of the left leg but instead slowly ease it onto the limb.  That made this workout SUPER sucky.  I pulled touch and go so that I'd only have to do that once per set.  Made those last small rep sets really suck.

Garage gym is definitely surface of the sun level hot these days.  Had a crazy good sweat going. 

No comments:

Post a Comment