Tuesday, March 26, 2024

 Training Log: Entry 3212

Double update: Trained yesterday evening and then this morning


25 Mar PM WORKOUT (1730)


**DOGGCRAPP** Week 3, Workout A1






Weighted Dips 

20xBW 

10x30 

5x55 

4x80 

7+3+3x115 


90 Second dip stretch w/115


KB clean and strict press away 

15x22.5 

10x32.5 

14+7+6x24kg 


90 second shoulder stretch


Super Close Grip Swiss Bar Bench 

10xBar 

10x115 

3x165 

7+4+4x175 


90 second tricep axle stretch w/105lbs


Weighted underhand chins 

5xBW 

7+4+4x15lb 


80 second hanging stretch w/105lbs (tapped out)


Low handle trap bar lift 

10x175 

10x225 

5x315 

13x415 


45 second per arm DB lat stretch w/115lbs


3x10 standing ab wheel


26 MAR AM WORKOUT (0418 wake up via alarm)


40 minutes of walking up and down stairs w/45lb weight vest

90x180lb reverse hyper

50 band pull aparts

2 rounds of neck harness w/55lbs

Lateral raise dropset



Notes:


* On Monday morning, I got up about 6 minutes before my alarm went off and found myself just wanting to sleep more, which is rare for me so I leaned into it.  Thankfully Mondays allow for evening activities, so I was able to train.  Additionally, we moved our family meal to Monday this week, so I actually got this training done after having eaten 1.5 grilled cheese sandwiches (one had some beef bacon in it too) on homemade sourdough and 3 of my wife’s cookies with some local honey, so it was pretty nutso to be training with some carbs in my system.  Practically cheating.


* Beat the logbook all around.  Went with more weight on the dips, chins and trap bar, and got more reps on the KB and swiss bar.  On the trap bar, I actually added 10lbs AND 1 rep from my previous attempt, so that was great.  On the dips, I felt a real solid pump…in the triceps, but I’ll take it.  I structured this day so I had a tricep heavier chest movement and a chest heavier tricep movement to create a little balance.  And the pec stretch was the best I’ve had so far: really figuring that out.


* Felt a great pump in the shoulders on the KB presses.  Really solid movement.  On the chins, did not run into that tricep fatigue issue.  


* Tapped out on the hanging stretch for the lats.  I need to strap in just a little bit better next time.


* The workout itself was broken up a little.  I did the dips before dinner, ate, came back and got everything done through the chins, at which point my wife and kid came back from an errand they were running, so I helped unload the car and then finished up the pulls.  Total time was still pretty quick though: figuring stuff out.


* This morning’s training was another adaptation.  Fully intended to walk with a vest outside, but we got some late year snow flurries (tolerable) paired with wind gusts that take siding off of houses (not tolerable).  It seemed too stupid to go outside, so I strapped on a different vest of mine (I have 3…and problems) and went walking up and down my basement steps for 40 minutes. Definitely achieved the objective: it was low intensity but super not fun.  From there, took care of some odds and ends.  I actually had some more time after the neck harness and could have absolutely gotten in a 10 minute conditioning workout…and decided I just simply didn’t want to do that.  Finished off with lateral raises instead.  I’m embracing these moments and listening to myself when they happen.  Leaning off the throttle has been good for me recently.


2 comments:

  1. Hey MythicalStrength, after doing it for years, what made you decide to finally leave Tae Kwon Do?

    ReplyDelete