Friday, March 1, 2024

 Training Log: Entry 3196

AM WORKOUT (0420 wake up via alarm)


**5/3/1 BUILDING THE MONOLITH** Week 6, Workout 5 (final lifting workout)





GIANT SETS (Press-squat-chin)


Axle clean and strict press away

5x5x133


Buffalo Bar Squat

5xBar

5x135

5x250

5x280

5x315


Weighted NG Chins

5x5x55


SUPERS SETS (press-shrug/BPA)


Axle clean and strict press away 

7x5x133


Axle shrug against short average bands

2x50


Band pull aparts

2x50


Buffalo Bar Widowmaker

32x235


END OF REQUIRED WORK


3x10 Standing ab wheel

80x180lb Reverse Hyper

Lateral raise dropset


BREAKFAST


No walk w/dog (early work commitment)


Notes


* Was excited to get this knocked out.  Final workout, and spirits were high.  Felt strong enough coming in, but those squats were much harder than they should have been.  My right hip pain is no longer present, but did flare up momentarily on the set of 250.  Had to get myself squared away for the remainder.  Took things a little slower.


* All the pressing was smooth and strong.  Doubled up a few of the mid sets just to finish in time


* Went with very high reps on the shrugs and pull aparts for a solid pump and a new challenge.


* Chins have progressed very well through this all.  Had to get my ego out of the way and go for real ROM on it.


* Definitely gave it my all on the widowmaker.  The reps aren’t as high as I’d like, but context is key.  This workout was exhausting leading up to this, and then I went all out with the least advantageous technique possible.  I wanted to rack at 30, and you can even see me lean forward in anticipation of doing so, only to go back and get in those last 2 reps, which really WERE the game changing reps.  And again: I’m sure I could have stood there and gone for some more, but it’s always a question of value added from there.


* Finished early enough to finally get in some decent after work with the assistance exercises.  Made the most of it.


* Noticed in the mirror this morning that my teardrops on my quads are really starting to develop.  This squatting style is certainly emphasizing them.


* I’ve really been sleeping well these past few days.  Sleep used to be the hardest part of my day.  I used to genuinely hate going to sleep, because I was so bad at it.  This has been a positive change, and I’m sure responsible for some of the growth I’ve experienced.

No comments:

Post a Comment