Thursday, April 20, 2006

Training Log: Entry 217


Leg day.  No gains made on squat.  Maxed out at 365.  Probably burned out my CNS.  Need to change ME lift next week.  Prolly deadlifts.  Need to work on my form.  Made gains on my single leg squats (30lb DBs in each hand) and DBSLDL (85 DBs in each hand).  Just about puked after my workout.  Always a good sign.


Need the structure my training for the summer.  I can't do Muay Thai if I can't stand.  Leg day on the weekend on 3 days of rest.


Still deciding on gyms.  May be doing Muay Thai and Judo instead of boxing and MT...can't really complain about that.  

4 comments:

  1. I'd never do singles for more than 1-2 weeks. That's about how long it takes to burn out from singles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not doing singles though, but yeah, still went 3 weeks on the WS4SB template.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done singles on my entire current plan and have made gains on all three of the big ones.By the way, if you're concerned with recovery, the dynamic days on some of those Westside routines work really well for active recovery. My days of staggering around at school from squatting are long gone because of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judo huh? Would probably be beneficial to learn from a variety of styles since you seem pretty comfortable with boxing and muay thai as it is. Of course, theres a lot to said about specialization but being able to draw from multiple ideologies is important too. Sounds like everythings going well for you. You must nearly be out of school btw.

    ReplyDelete