Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Training Log: Entry 220


Semi-motivating lift day yesterday.  I did things I had never been able to do before.  I seated DB shoulder pressed 50lbs for 12 easy reps, whereas before I couldn't even complete 6 of those.  Put up 55lbs for 10 reps too.  Good to know that my shoulder is finally getting stronger.  Furthermore, I was able to do an easy 8 hanging leg raises for my weighted ab circuit, whereas when I first started the WS4SB program, I couldn't complete one without swinging.  Gaining great strength and abdominal control.  Looked at myself in the mirror and noticed my lats are starting to form as well.  All around good news.


My bench dropped by a good amount.  Dunno if it was fatigue or if rack lockouts aren't helping my sticking point.  I honestly think my weak part of the lift is my chest, not my triceps.  However, I'm generally coming to the realiziation that as a fighter, weighted dips and pull-ups are gonna be a bigger asset to me than the bench press.  I don't really need a strong chest for fighting, but a strong back and triceps are key.  Besides, I have a respectable bench at over 300lbs.  So, at this point, I think I'm gonna shift my focus away from bench.  I'll prolly keep it in my repitition day just to maintain the range of motion, and might switch to a full fledged Westside program someday, but until then, bring on the dips.

2 comments:

  1. It's awesome how you're breaking through your injuries. First knees, and now your shoulder. Inspiring work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much thanks man.  I still don't have shoulder flexibility, but the strength was awesome.

    ReplyDelete