Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Training Log: Entry 456

Boxing gym.  Warmed up and got on the heavy bag.  Was working the jab for distance and power, then jab cross for footwork, and jab cross hook for balance and getting the elbow up.  Coach pointed out that I was flaring my elbows too much in my guard.  I had "elbows up" in the brain.  Focus on task at hand, don't get lazy.  Coach gave me a few more combos to work.  Jab-cross-low hook-high hook and cross-hook-cross.  Remember balance on cross-hook-cross.  Found good luck by "rewinding" like a spring after hooks.  Should keep this up for a while.

Worked speed bag for 4 rounds.  Trying to find my rythm. 

Coached worked mitts with me for a few rounds.  Finding range and spacing on combos, and keeping balance was focus.  He let me work at high power this time at least, or maybe I'm getting better at relaxing and going lighter. 

Coached asked me to spar tomorrow with one of his guys.  I'm gonna get eaten alive, it's been so long since I worked defense, but it's good for me.  Hopefully my boss will let me off to go train.

No comments:

Post a Comment