Sunday, September 16, 2007

Training Log: Entry 463

Deadlifts of 395
5,4,4,2,3

Notes: Right thumb was giving out on 4th set, think it's about time for a deload.  Weight was feeling heavy today.

Overhead press of 175
5,4,3,4,2

Notes: Gotta watch form on those later reps.  Felt my bad shoulder snag a little.

Low pulley rows of 190
5x5

Notes: Form was really great here.  Keep those knees flexed and pull with the elbows.

 

Funny note: A group of curl commandos tattled on me to the gym staff because I was "dropping" my deadlifts.  The gym staff came and told me to stop, and then the commandos came into the room themself to say "Do you have to drop the weight like that?"  Meanwhile, they brought their ipod and speakers into the gym and were playing music from Rocky loud enough to shake the walls while they did dumbbell curls for approx. 20 minutes, all the while dropping plates and using up every bar in the gym.  Clearly I was the annoying one here.  I guess I ruined this guys illusion of fake intensity by actually bringing some real intensity into the gym.

6 comments:

  1. That happened to me when I was deadlifting 295 a couple of weeks ago. The old hag manager told me to stop. You should've hurled the weight at the curl squad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's horrible. We need to make a documentary about gymbeciles some day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morons. I would've kept doing my deads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes home gyms all the sweeter. Do you always group upper and lower body days together?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't really group upper/lower days together insomuch as I do full body workouts.  I will throw in a full on Westside barbell template or something else every 6-12 weeks for the sake of variety, but for the most part, I've gotten my best results from full body work.

    ReplyDelete