Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Training Log: Entry 466

Squats

1x355
4x345
2x345
2x345
2x345
1x345

Notes: Too big of a jump between weights.  Found a sticking point in my squat.  I can explode out of the hole just fine, but halfway through I started moving real slow.  Might polish off this cycle and switch to Westside to focus on blasting out of this.

Bench of 275
5,4,4,4,3

Notes: Form was great, just need to get lower on the bench so I stop hitting the supports mid set.  Could prolly finish the weight if I didn't keep clanging.

Lat pulldowns of 140
5x5

Notes: Form was good, light weight sucked. 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like box squats would be right up your alley for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking of those, or maybe some work with chains or deadsquats.  Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job with bench. And believe me, I know how annoying those supports are :)Think about pushing your hips forward and arch that SOB out on the squat when you start to slow down. Hips forward, head back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I hit the supports when I squat. It can really throw me off.

    ReplyDelete