Saturday, April 18, 2009

Training Log: Entry 723

RE upper

DB press w/95
18,6,5

Notes: Feeling kind of sick, so not sure if that took away from performance or not.  Dunno if I'm gonna keep moving or stick with the weight next time.

Dips w/95lbs
4,3,3

Notes: Felt really strong here.  Something worth noting is that after the DB press, when my pecs have a pump, I feel my stability in my shoulders on this movement, and more of a stretch reflex.

Side raises
25sx12
25sx10
Minis 2x10

Notes: DBs put too much strain on my elbows, minis worked much better.  Get a real full range of motion here.

Lat pulldowns
160*x10
160*x10
160x10
140x10
140x10

Notes: Used a station with a double pulley set-up.  Seemed to be more effective in getting my left lat recruited.  Might stick with it.

Kelso shrugs of 70
2x14

Notes: Still figuring it out as I go, but I think this is really helping me.  My wife noted on the most recent time she gave me a massage that she can't find my shoulder blades anymore because my upperback has too much muscle.  That's a good sign.

EZ bar curls
Drop sets
90-70-50x6

Notes: Figured I'd experiment with this and see what happens.  It at least keeps me from being bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment