Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Training Log: Entry 776

ME upper

Box squats x hamstring injury

That tears it.  This is like my 4th poor box squat training.  My hips are killing me, forcing me to transfer the load onto my hamstrings and knees, which in turn is now beating up my knees and pulling my left hamstring.  I hate this movement, and I put off ME lower for days when this is next in my cycle.

Contributing factors:

Definite
-Increase in conditioning over the past 6 weeks
-Lack of calories
-Colder weather

Possible
-Squatting too frequently-Squatting is my supplemental movement for both days

 

Solutions:
-Get some powerlifting assistance gear.  I'm damn near 2.5xBW RAW, if not already there, and I don't know how many folks out there can train at that weight consistently without injury.

-Change my routine.  I usually get about 9 months out of Westside before I start hitting some serious stalls, and when I change the routine I'm able to make progress in some way.  However, I may go a route opposite of strength, and try to put on some much needed mass this time around.  I think I'm about tapped out at 200lbs.

I'm gonna spitball a little and come up with a routine that I might implement in the future, based on a lot of westside principles I'm sure, but without the ME stuff.  I can get stronger as long as the reps or weight progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment