Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Training Log: Entry 778

Day 1 of the new routine

RE upper push

DB press of 90
15,8,7

Notes: Elbows were clicking a lot on these.  Wonder what that is all about.  Kept the rest times at 1 minute.  Might try some DC style rest pause on the last set in the future.

NG chins w/10lbs
4x5

Notes: Decided to swap these in at the last minute instead of normal chins.  In the past I didn't like these because I couldn't get much lat activation, but now that I have 2 back movements per training day I can focus more on just generating pulling strength.  1.5 minute rest times.  I'll go longer as it gets tougher.

Bradford press of 95
16,16,12

Notes: I was counting front and back as 1 rep, but realized that my shoulders are pressing twice in that period, so I'm changing my style of counting.  No shoulder pain, just some clicking on my colar bone.  Originally was planning on DB overhead work, but figured having two DB movements was gonna overtax my stablizers.

Low pulley rows w/straight bar of 140
4x10

Notes: Didn't have my straps (they're packed somewhere in the move), so I had to rest a little to reset my grip.  Incredible lat activation this time around.

Cable pushdown of 50 superset cable curl of 35
2x15/15

Notes: As much as I hate curls, cable curls seem to be what I need.  No shoulder clicking and great bicep pump.

 


Considerations: I've been moving for the past week, and haven't been able to get in the weight room.  My diet has been crummy just because I'm eating on the fly, and I tore both my lats picking up furniture (I unloaded the entire moving truck in an hour by myself).  The left side of my lower back is a little tweaked.  However, the training was a breath of fresh air.  Total time in the gym was around 45 minutes.  I went the bare minimum on everything just to assess where I am, will add sets and reps as I can, along with some rest pausing and other fancy stuff.  I have a physical tomorrow requiring me to fast for 12 hours, so I'm not starting my supplements until after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment